About Me

My photo
I am a PhD in Organizational Behavior from IIM Calcutta, I am passionate about Human Resource and an ardent admirer of life. I want to share whatever little bit knowledge I have about my field - Human Resources and leading a good life on this blog. Feel free to comment if you like my blog.

Friday, November 1, 2019

Great War Memorial - Brigade Road, Bangalore








Exploring city with friends is always fun. yesterday met my dear friend after a long time (although after meeting it seemed like just yesterday). We had a long chai pe charcha at the quaint yet serene Koshy's . Then together we had a quick stroll around the busiest street of Bangalore -Brigade Road where we found this old-mammoth stone quietly centered in the middle of the Brigade junction between all the glitz and glamor of the shopping joints.
On the top of the stone is inscribed " The Great War". After googling a bit, I found out that war memorial was unveiled in 1928, in the memory of 350 officers and soldiers of the Madras Pioneers who died in the Great War (World War I).
Salute to the brave soldiers !

No comments:

Post a Comment